 Administrative / General / 2787
  Re: What has caused .announce to drift?

If you called it "newsflash" perhaps it would carry the "it should be newsworthy" connotation that "news" does *without* the connotation that it is somehow related to newsreaders and nntp. Ignoring the charter (which everyone seems to be doing.. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: What has caused .announce to drift?

(...) Ahh..."newsflash"...good word! (...) Yeah, I suppose I agree. Given what .announce means all over Usenet, it's the charter that's broken, not the name. It really doesn't work as a dual-purpose group. --Todd (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)