 Administrative / General / 2046
Re: Allocation of member #'s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:23:44 GMT

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 03:37:55 GMT, Michael Cortez uttered the following
profundities...
In lugnet.admin.general, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
You could end up with a bidding war similar to personalised car licence
plates.

Numbers like 1, 13 and dare I say it 69 may raise a lot of interest.  Then
again this could be a good thing if people are prepared to pay for these
numbers via an auction and thus become a good money earner for Lugnet
Corporation.

I like the idea of auctioning them off.  Set the start price at $0.00 for each
number, if no one counterbids within say a week they get the number.

Then open it to everyone.  Maybe you'd make a couple $$$ for lugnet, maybe not.
But it should be fun...

Give any proceeds to a children's charity, perhaps. One whose
focus might involve the constructive and educational benefits
of Lego.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/