 Administrative / General / 2023
Re: Allocation of member #'s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 15:56:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Patricia Schempp writes:
I think for continuity's sake, the numbers should all have the same
number of digits.  Having some with on, some with two or three would
be confusing.  But I guess you could always do the 005, 083 thing.
Hmm...who gets 007?

That would be nice, but the only way to guarantee that all the numbers
have the same number of digits is either to start at a really, really
high number and ignore all lower numbers, or pre-fix the number of digits
at something large -- definitely more than 3.

--Todd