 Administrative / General / 1858
Re: 2 Things...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark de Kock writes:
Todd, due to technical dificulties over here, I can only read lugnet
newsgroups via my InternetBrowser. The new layout is very confusing
indeed. It took me a long time to find out where I could reply to a post.

Do you know if it would have been less confusing if the Reply hadn't moved
from the top of the page to the bottom?

I am also
missing the overview of messages in a certain group.

Do you mean the skinny one-line list of messages that appeared before, right
when you entered the group?

Now, when I open one
group, it is very difficult to see what messages are about. Or how to get
older messages in view.

What task are you wanting to accomplish when you enter a group?

Is this new layout a test or here-to-stay?

It's here to stay, at least for a few months until/if/when something better
comes along.  But if there's anything that's fupped or confusing, it can
probably be fixed.  That is, tweaks can be made if necessary.

I know you must have put a lot
of effort in it, but I was really happy with the previous layout.

Just my two cents....

Thanks!

--Todd