 Administrative / General / 1793
Re: Save .dat groups for .dat files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:08:09 GMT

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999 18:34:30 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Todd, but I think all the groups with
".dat" in them are reserved for .dat postings and followup discussion to those
.dat postings.  Discussions concerning what to name a part, requests for parts,
etc. should take place in lugnet.cad or lugnet.cad.dev, whichever is more
appropriate.

It's fine to reply to a part post or model post in the .dat groups, but if you
are making a new post, it should have a .dat file in it.

Ditto if someone cross-posts a follow-up to a .dat group: it better have
some DAT/MPD content.  I don't know if this has ever happened, or if it's
practical to check for this condition.  The possibility just crossed my
mind...

Steve