 Administrative / General / 1788
Re: Outlook Express problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:36:50 GMT

G'Day
No real help just an observation, my original Outlook Express 98 worked
fine, then I rebuilt my NT workstation and loaded Outlook Express 2000 and
could not post, then about two weeks later I could post fine (???) no idea
why.
Also I use OutLook 2000 for EMail.
Cheers!
Oliver

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, lego@poindexter.cc (Mike Poindexter) writes:
[...]
Todd, could you fix this somehow so that I may post from Outlook • Express?
Perhaps set my "account" to match what OE sends in the message header or
however it is.
[...]

Mike, what you are asking for is a modification to the newsserver in order
to work around a bug in Microsoft Outlook Express.

That bug -- and I have no idea how or why it manifests itself -- only that
most people don't see it, yet several people have -- is that MSOE • sometimes
drops the username when you post, and only sends your email address, and
worse, it sometimes sends garbage.  For example, MSOE has incorrectly sent
these when you have posted: