 Administrative / General / 1632
Re: Cancelling articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 23:34:06 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:
How do you cancel articles - I'm using Netscape News.

In Netscape Communicator 4.5 (which just happens to be what I use), you can
right-click on the message in the message list window, and select "Cancel
message".  If the news server lets you (which it should if you authored the
message using the same nntp client), the message will be dropped into the
Great Bit Recycler.

Note that this won't work if the message is someone else's, or if it's been
posted via the Web or e-mail gateways.  (Is this correct, Todd?)

Does anyone else have message cancellation tips for other nntp clients?

Cheers,
- jsproat

May the Force be with y'all.
jsfaq u.message_cancel_and_supercede.en.faq