 Administrative / General / 1484
Re: lugnet.com/cad etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:30:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com (John VanZwieten)
writes:
Todd, I really like the new (for me anyway as I just found it) Web setup
with lugnet.com/cad etc.  The positioning of major resources right along
with newsgroup content is very convenient.

Great -- glad you like it.  I should point out, though, that it's still
"under construction" and any part of it may change without notice.  The
upper areas (with the sky-blue backgrounds) are very unlikely to change, but
the bottom areas (with the solid white background) are almost certain to
change (for the better).

My only suggestion on the setup would be to put more than 8 messages on a
page, to cut down on having to hit "more".

As these pages are "home pages" for the newsgroups, the articles shown are
just a "preview" into the newsgroup.  The preview is currently given as a
list of links, but will probably change instead to give snippets of text,
with individual links to the articles.  It may actual go down to 6 from 8 at
that point, but there will still be a link to get to the full listing
easily.

Almost everyone who filled out the survey found the colored bullets
confusing, so those will be going away as they serve little purpose even
when you do know what they mean.  (The shades of red indicate "hotness" or
"newness" of an article -- which is silly when they're chronological
anyway.)

How will you decide what resources are placed in the categories?

Ultimately, it'll be collaborative (after the memberships are running).  For
now, I have to add things by hand.  I'll make a link-submission form on of
these days, which will help with the integration of the _Everything_LEGO_
link resources as well.

I was
thinking that under Starwars could be links to some of the major SW sites,
such as lucasfilm.com, starwars.com, theforce.net, etc.

Good idea...  OK, I just added links to these three on that page.

--Todd