 Administrative / General / 13922
Re: How much of LUGNET is indexed by Google?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:01:45 GMT

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:48:03PM +0000, Thomas Main wrote:
How much of LUGNET is indexed by Google?

All of it, I'd hope.

I have recently been trying to find out how and where my name shows up
on Google's search engine.  I was surprised to LUGNET posts I had made
showing up.  Are individual posts to LUGNET all indexed by Google?  Is
this the preferred behavior?  Can it be stopped?

I think it's a good thing - Google's a great way of findnig information,
and there's a lot of useful information in various posts on LUGNET.  Why
wouldn't we want it to be findable?

Dan

--
Dan Boger