 Administrative / General / 13905
Re: Technic sidebar thingie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.curators, Rene Hoffmeister wrote:
This is directed to all people who would like to see sanctions against Ross.

Would you do it again? Can you acknowledge that you made a mistake?

No, it is unlikely I would ever do it again.

I will take him at his word and expect that other curators also wouldn't show
similar behaviour. This is a forcing request.

I will not take further actions against Ross, as I'm sure that it was a bitter
lesson of experience for him, just like it teached me a lesson on how to react
better; and hopefully also was a solemn warning towards Erik not to play with
light-minded legal actions.

It's utterly out of the question that I change my mind regarding _THIS_ issue,
irrespective of the number of claims for rigorous measures against Ross which
have instanced and may follow. Should it be a reason for somebody to leave
LUGNET - that would be sad. If I change my mind now, it would cause other people
to leave, that would be sad too. Next time I will be more strict (as I said:
I've learned my lesson too), but even this might cause people to leave. Oh
well...

Thank you for clarifying your position Rene. I also think it's worth clarifying
my statement above. As a curator at Lugnet, I will try my best to act
responsibly, and I cannot envisage any set of circumstances that would cause me
to ever consider repeating what I did on the Technic sidebar.

Thank you, Rene, for issuing a formal statement about the resolution of this
incident, and to Dave for filling in some details.  In retrospect, this was the
missing link which publicly clarifies the official stance on this issue.  It is
good to see that you had already dealt with the situation behind the scenes, but
without your statement the outer appearance was that it was being ignored.

Thank you, Ross, for your statement as well.  I am glad that no administrative
action was necessary in this case.  It has always been in the best LUGNET
tradition that any enforcement action be taken only as a last resort, and I
think you make an excellent curator, recent events notwithstanding.

Thanks also to Kelly for saying what I was trying to say but in a more rational
tone.  And finally, thanks to Eric for heeding the advice to say nothing; I need
to follow that one more often, myself.