 Administrative / General / 13691
  Posts disappearing when posted 'in the future'?

My computer clock is almost always wrong when I start the computer. If it's some days ahead and I forget to correct it before posting to lugnet, it seems my posts just disappear (or will they magically display when the date finally arrives?). I (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posts disappearing when posted 'in the future'?

(...) Hi Anders, AFAIK if your computer's hardware clock itself is inaccurate by large amounts, it *could* damage or omit the time stamp in your message, but normally it's replaced by the news server with the GMT time. In our case depending on what (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.admin.general)