 Administrative / General / 1273
Re: Wanted to buy - #6376 Breezeway Cafe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 06:56:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Poindexter writes:
Hello, I am looking to buy several of the #6376 Breezeway Cafe's if anyone
has them.  I don't need them in sealed boxes, as they are for a project.

Thanks

Mike Poindexter

lugnet@poindexter.cc
  ^^^^^^
  ^^^^^^

Mike:
Please don't sign your posts this way.  Whether or not it's intentional,
it makes you look as though you represent LUGNET, which you do not.

It would probably also be a very good idea never to use lego@poindexter.cc
as your e-mail address (even if mail can reach you there) because of the
confusion it can create.

Thanks,
--Todd

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general]

What is a reasonable policy to set for this?  Either we have to require that
people never 'lugnet' in their e-mail address as Mike has inadvertently done
(I'm sure he meant no harm), or we could allow it but require a "not
affiliated with in any way" disclaimer attached to each posting.  The danger
of the latter is that someone might when composing a follow-up article snip
the disclaimer and keep the e-mail address at the top.

--Todd