 Administrative / General / 12444
Re: Poll: Do you think Lugnet Admin is a good job match for Larry?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:06:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
After the recent furore it would be interesting to see what Lugnetters think on
this issue.

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=178

ROSCO

This kinda reminds me of that Star Trek:TNG episode, when Data was 'acting
captain' aboard, I beleive, the Endeavour...

His first officer asked to be transferred because, and this is from meory so
it'll be wrong... "Just as I don't believe that a Klingon would be a good
counsellor or a whatever would be a good engineer--an android doesn't make a
good captain"

I thought that ep was possibly Data's finest (and Data had some very fine eps.)
Wt the end, when Data's in Jean Lucs little office, and Jean Luc says, "Nicely
done!" (that's where I get it from, see...) it was a very touching moment.

I'm not saying that I've agreed with Larry on everything (it's obvious by this
furor that I don't) but I've always gone with the idea, 'discuss the idea, issue
or problem, not the person presenting or talking about it.'

In this community, where there are hundreds, or thousands of people posting all
the time, some people are naturally going to find 'like-minded' souls to bond
with, and some people are going to, well, not so much on the bonding.  Since
this is a volunteer thing, you get what you get.  The people who are passionate
about this site,the people who want the best for this site, the people who want
to put  in the effort for this site, are probably going to become admins of this
site--I mean, who else would do it?  Would you want someone who shows up once
every 3-4 months and posts twice a year to be an admin?  I sure don't.

I'd rather have Larry, who loves the hobby, be an admin.

That said, it doesn't then mean I'm going to agree with him on everything ;)

Dave K