 Administrative / General / 11975
  Re: Ten cheers for Jake

(...) LUGNET has admins? I haven't ever seen evidence of that...I seem to remember a particular thread that had the F word in it over twenty times and it was never edited or deleted. 'The friendliest place on the Internet', eh? (20 years ago, 20-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Ten cheers for Jake

Hello! (...) The issue is not the F-word itself in my as always more than humble opinion. It is just one syllable composed of three phonemes (the sounds /f/, /A/ and /k/) when you speak it out loud, using four graphemes (the letters 'f', 'u', 'c' (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ten cheers for Jake

(...) Yes, but LUGNET admins do not cancel user's posts without the direct consent of the User. This is stated policy as contained in the ToS - which you, as a User, should have read and understood. The User who used the "f-word" over twenty times (...) (20 years ago, 21-Nov-04, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)