 Administrative / General / 11774
Re: Request for deletion of second post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:24:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jamie Obrien wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Neumann wrote:
I accidentially posted twice in build.mecha  Here:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/?n=11290

It's gone...

Can someone take care of that for me?  I remember reading that someone could but
forgot the process of where to ask.

The process is: Send a note to someone on the Admin team with the URL of the
post that needs to die, we will take care of it.

Currently that's Todd, Frank, Tim or myself.

Hope that helps.

Hi, this probably won't get through anyway :( but here goes.
Why not create a 'Cancel me Account', that people can send requests to and
whoever is on duty (read lurking around) can take care of it instead of a
specific person to log back.

Good idea, and easy to do since it's just an alias. Has been talked about
before, time to bring it up again internally.

Also, for people logging in through the web, put a
link 'Cancel this post,' somewhere in the headers region of the message. This
would take them to a confirm page, where they would just do some confirmation
stuff. This would only work with your own posts while logged in.

This is a bit harder to implement but in my view a worthy suggestion.

Us NNTP users
would just send the  URL to the 'cancelmeaccount at the sever dottie commie' :)

And if you really want to, put a 'report this post' link on the pages, if only
for admins or admin types so they can report highlight posts for further action.

As is this.