 Administrative / General / 11586
Re: REPLY BACK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:14:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz wrote:

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
Dear admin,

Please take the appropriate action on this.

As has been pointed out, this came from the robotics e-mail list. Nothing
Lugnet can do without extraordinary filtering.

Can these obviously spam messages at least be canceled?

LUGNET has a better mechanism for "subscribe as mailing list."  Why keep this
anachronistic exception around, gatewaying to an outside mailing list?  If that
list can't control its spam then I suggest LUGNET should pull the plug on the
gateway, and people can subscribe to the robotics newsgroup as a mailing list.

--Bill.