 Administrative / General / 1126
Re: Question: Are reviews of non-LEGO (such as Mega Blocks) sets of interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:48:09 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Do you think a new newsgroup

   lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands

would be useful?

Todd (and others)

Here's an idea:

How about a lugnet.other-brands hierarchy? Or maybe 'other-bricks'?
I suggest 'other-brands' or 'other-bricks' because it keeps the
idea of brick-based building toys (as opposed to K'nex or Erector sets)
and doesn't limit to (say) Mega Bloks, but includes other Lego-type
sets that aren't clones or necessarily even compatible.

lugnet.other-brands.general
lugnet.other-brands.reviews
lugnet.other-brands.compatability

I imagine that the .market.* groups are OK where they are - or would
there be a problem with auctioning a MB set in one of them?  If so, then
lugnet.other-brands.market could be added to cover all the buy-sell-trade
and auction, since i don't think there'd be that much traffic...