 Administrative / General / 11032
Re: link labels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:20:35 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman wrote:
It's conceivable that there might be a really poorly written
miscreant newsreader/e-mail client in existence out there somewhere
that get confused and think that the space character is actually
part of the link,

Like Microsoft Outlook XP?

but I wouldn't worry about that, because such a client would not be
compliant anyway with the URN/URI/URL specification (which
disallows, among other things, spaces and angle brackets in a URL).

On the other hand, the webmail application my school uses (iPlanet
Messenger Express) correctly identifies a space as an end of URL, but
does *not* recognize a > as an end of URL.
--Bram

Im having a 'mare with the new links too using Outlook Express 6. It appears
to take the link for the thumb and the destination link and merge them
meaning any link I have to follow I have to paste into notepad first to
dissassemble the parts
--
James Stacey
------