 Administrative / General / 10941
10940  |  10942
Subject:
Still spammin!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:05:33 GMT

Maintaining the trend of LUGNET-culled spamlists, some enterprising soul has
kindly sent me the latest 238K "security update from the Microsoft."  Much
as I appreciate the sender's concern for my security, I deleted the email,
as I have done with several identical messages previously.

Someone recently noticed that address lists appear to have been harvested
from LUGNET's posting roster.  I applaud with delight the recent
spamproofing feature in the email address!  Sadly, it seems that some finks
still have lists from prior to this enhancement.

I don't know if I have a point, other than a continued FYI to anyone who
might also have received this or similar email.  I'll let you know how great
this "security update from the Microsoft" really is once I've installed it
on my computer here at work...  8^)

    Dave!