 Administrative / General / 10854
Re: New World LUG Map demo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:29:29 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Adrian Drake writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Here's a quick
demonstration of what the maps look like at this point:

  http://www.lugnet.com/~1/WorldMap/

Note that you'll need an SVG viewer to see the maps.

SVG does not appear to support Win NT[?] :(

Scott A

Not true.  I have NT and it appeared to load the images just fine.  There was,
however, an error message at the bottom of the screen that said

"Unrecognized DOCTYPE declaration.  Image might not display correctly"

I never got that far; I noted a lack of an NT version to download [only 98 -
XP].

Scott A

It appears to be displaying alright though.  It seems to take a lot of CPU
computation time to do what it does, though.

It's a nifty map featue, that's for sure.

Adrian