 Administrative / General / 1074
    porposal for new newsgroup —Russell Clark
   Due to the recent flamefest on r.t.l, I would like to see a new newsgroup created, lugnet.cad.mac. This will help the Macintosh users share ideas without being flamed for using a Mac. Russell (25 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Mike Stanley
   (...) Why would Mac users be flamed on lugnet.cad? I'd say platform flamefests would be decidedly off-topic for that group and thus actively discouraged by the readership. (25 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Todd Lehman
   (...) Russell, Do you see the main use in such a group being: (a) focusing on the project at hand and being able to go into lots of esoteric programming & interface issues and that sort of thing, or (b) avoidance of flames in the main cad groups? (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Russell Clark
   (...) (a) as well as other Mac programs, like Gryphon Bricks and LEGO CAD. (...) Personally, I don't know what the demand is because I don't really read the lugnet.cad groups. I scan them because most of the topics relate to the PC, like LDRAW. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Todd Lehman
   (...) LEGO CAD runs on the Mac? (Like you mean the one TLG put out in 1997?...wow, I always thought that was PC-only.) Did you have in mind a "user oriented" group for Mac CAD users or "developer oriented" group for Mac CAD developers? (...) Hmm. I (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Russell Clark
     (...) LEGO CAD from DACTA comes with both the Mac and PC versions. I got it for my birthday this month, but I haven't tried it yet. One problem is that it was designed for use with DACTA Simple Machines, so it is limited on parts and is mainly (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: porposal for new newsgroup —Steve Bliss
   (...) If there are people working on a Mac version of LDraw (and LEdit, hopefully), and a project-oriented discussion group would help their efforts, then it would be great to provide one on lugnet. I'm not sure this development requires an entire (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.admin.general)