 Administrative / General / 10662
10661  |  10663
Subject:
News Spotlight function
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 03:52:46 GMT

I recently got curatorship of off-topic.geek and off-topic.fun and have been
editing the FTX for the front page of .geek... (send those links and
resources suggestions!)

I wanted to do a "what is hot" list like I did for .trains so I did the same
code I did for trains except I changed the group to be off-topic.geek.

(code: <<NewsSpotlight(lugnet.off-topic.geek)>> )

This didn't seem to produce any posts in the list. (I even highlighted a
recent post to check it out and see) If I change the embedded code to a non
off-topic group it does seem to work fine (although I'm not sure I want to
have a "what is hot in .Castle" in the header of .geek if you see what I

Is off-topic non Spotlightable? Am I doing something wrong?

Note: The ads at the top were put in by Suz I think. But they both take you
to companies that give LUGNET(tm) a share of your purchase, so I left those
in and definitely will not put other companies in, even though I'm a big fan
of ThinkGeek(tm)... so remember, when you buy stuff from Amazon, go through
that link!

++Lar