 Administrative / General / 10338
    Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Rob Doucette
   In support of the recent cross-posting FAQ entry: (URL) recommend that: 1. a note be added to the new post script ((URL) under the "Post To: and Request Followups To:" boxes in red warning against multiple posts, with a link to this FAQ (opens in a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I agree with all of the above except for the use of the term "violator".. those folks made a mistake, an honest one, in many cases *after* trying to figure out how to do it right, if we want to be friendly we shouldn't think of them as (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —William R. Ward
     (...) I would add that the web posting screen should contain clearer instructions on how to post to multiple groups, with the part about "separated by commas" made bold. That seems to be what people I've spoken to have missed. --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Mark Neumann
   As a not quite recent member who figured out the cross referencing and FUTs. (the latter of which I only fully understood last week...) I have this to add... It's not a process I'd describe as very simple. It is once you figure it out, sure, but til (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

        tryme —Cary Clark
     try, try again (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.test.foo, lugnet.off-topic.test.bar)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Cary Clark
   Mark, I'm unsure if you're asking for more directions on the posting page, or more directions in the FAQ, or both. In the case you think that the FAQ is unclear on how to cross-post, I added this line: "Click _here_ to test cross-posting." Where (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Mark Neumann
   (...) Before this gets too out of control, does that happen on Lugnet... (laughing to myself) only hourly! I mean this only to be helpful, the admin at Lugnet is doing a fantastic job as far as I am concerned. Much better than I am able to do. My (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference —Mark Neumann
      (...) Duhhhhh! Just found it, sorry... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)

        Re: Request for Implementation of FAQ Reference Suzanne D. Rich
   (...) I appreciate your suggestions! they sound great. I agree, the FAQ needs improvement, esp in certain "admin-ish" areas. This is mainly my fault, as I haven't worked with Cary enough, to provide him appropriate answers and such (despite his (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.faq)