 Administrative / Database / 909
  Re: CSV delimiters

(...) I remember looking for this about a year ago, and I came across something that looked very standardish. If I remember right, it's really silly. You don't actually escape things. Fields are comma separated, and optionally surrounded by (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: CSV delimiters

There exists (in CPAN) a Text-CSV perl module. From its documentation: This module is based upon a working definition of CSV format which may not be the most general. 1 Allowable characters within a CSV field include 0x09 (tab) and the inclusive (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: CSV delimiters

Maybe this will also be helpful. It's not exactly a standard, but it is IEEE. :) (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)

  Re: CSV delimiters

(...) Aha! Excellent. Those docs sound well thought out. Hmm, that reminds me... Duh, this is prolly a common Perl thing. I bet Freidl[1] as some stuff on CSV? Lessee... <dig dig dig> Ahh, here we go: pp. 204-208, 227, 231, 290. And (haha!) it even (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish)