 Administrative / Database / 811
810  |  812
Subject:
MSRP .99 vs. 00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:51:05 GMT

Suzanne found some Consumer Affairs which indicate that LEGO publishes U.S.
MSRP's as ending in .00 (or just the dollar amount) rather than ending in .99.
Based on this, and in the interest of saving people time reading, we're
making a quick pass change over the MSRP listings in the set database to
round to the nearest nickel and then trim off any extraneous zeros.

So, for example:

   $5.99  ==>  $6.00  ==>  $6
   $24.99  ==>  $25.00  ==>  $25

Prices that are known only from S@H and end in .50 and .25 won't need to
change -- just stuff ending in .99, .49, etc.

--Todd

p.s.  This is mostly just a heads-up -- the display data hasn't changed yet --
probably sometime later today.