 Administrative / Database / 615
Re: Differences with Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:43:37 GMT

Barbara Sproat wrote:

I've noticed a few differences between the train prices on Lugnet and the S@H
catalog.  Here are a the ones I found:

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4561
S@H shows it as $139.00 (US) and Lugnet shows $129.00

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4565
S@H shows it as $149.00 and Lugnet show $144.00

Is this correct or does LEGO change it's prices from time to time?

Thanks
Barbara

*Most* of the Pause prices are U.S. MSRP --- suggested
prices for retail stores in the USA.  S@H is usually around 10%
more expensive than local stores except in Hawaii.

Some of the Pause prices are U.S. S@H prices, especially for
those sets that were never available at retail.

Prices do change sometimes, especially for S@H 'exclusives'
or for large sets with a long retail lifespan.

I don't know if there ever was an official MSRP for
the 4565, so the difference you are seeing there
*might* be due to changing prices.

The difference you are seeing with the 4561 is due to
Pause showing the MSRP.

/Eric McCarthy/