 Administrative / Database / 3399
Re: +AHs- and +AH0- on Castle sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:09:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Samuel Christiansen wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.database, Joshua Delahunty wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.database, Samuel Christiansen wrote:
   Is there a reason that recent castle sets seem to have some kind of ASCII tag in the theme like those below?

LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle > Skeleton Army

I noticed that in the most recent guide report 7036 was actually changed from “LEGO / SYSTEM / Castle / Dwarves and Trolls” to “LEGO / SYSTEM / Castle / Dwarves and Trolls”.

Samuel Christiansen

It is the policy of LUGNET database administration that any theme-tree entry added by a LUGNET database admin that doesn’t PHYSICALLY appear on the box or in marketing materials be enclosed in curly braces to show that it’s unofficial.

That makes sense, except I don’t see braces. I get tags in both the set reference and in posts. When I do a set look-up on 7036 I see this for the category:
LEGO > SYSTEM > Castle >  +AHs-Dwarves and Trolls+AH0-
So maybe I’m really asking why I see “AHs” and “AH0” instead of opening and closing braces? Am I the only one?

You’re not the only one, and it happens to me too, seemingly randomly. I’ve fixed entries more than once, had them repair, and then seen the AH business return. It might have to do with a script that was added to the site since we started our brace policy, I’m not sure.

I’ve long had some “feature” in Firefox where pages will display, then suddenly redisplay. I’m not sure what that’s about, but when this message first appeared there, I saw proper braces in the title of the post, then it blinked, and I saw the AH business. IE showed them “wrong” the entire time, no redisplay.

I would like to know the answer, so it can be repaired. :-/

-- joshua