 Administrative / Database / 2935
  New LEGO Education set - 9580 WeDo Robotics Construction Set

This is a new Power Functions-based LEGO Education product that works similarly to how the old Dacta Control Lab did. At the core is a USB breakout box with two Power Functions connections. The programs are written in yet another LabView-based (...) (15 years ago, 5-Apr-09, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New LEGO Education set - 9580 WeDo Robotics Construction Set

(...) To be fair, I think WeDo is targeted at much younger audience than the RCX and NXT. The chart on page 2 of the Dacta catalog actually specifies it as elementary school only, while the NXT is elemetary school through college. Which means WeDo (...) (15 years ago, 5-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New LEGO Education set - 9580 WeDo Robotics Construction Set

(...) It would be nice to see if the sensors can be stacked on top of a motor allowing read and write actions on the same port. Also, I'd love to know if these new parts will work with any free software. I've seen the parts (sensors and hub) for (...) (15 years ago, 5-Apr-09, to lugnet.robotics)