 Administrative / Database / 1761
1760  |  1762
Subject:
Request to be a Lugnet Set Admin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:36:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,
I am volunteering to help Lugnet as a Set Admin. I do alot of research online,
and through that discover many sets not listed on Lugnet. I have posted many
such discoveries in the admin newsgroup. Some of them have made it into the
catalog, some are still waiting. There are many more entries I've found, but
hesitate to take the time to post - only to have my post delayed in queue. I
would like to offer my help to process more submissions.

I have held several similar posts in the community; I hope they meet the
qualifications needed for the job. I am Lugnet member #1410. I have been active
in the Lugnet community for more than 4 years. I was a past catalog
administrator on Bricklink - and still 2nd only to the current catalog admin in
# of submissions. I have been an admin with Peeron for 2 years - one of a team
that has grown their catalog from 3000 parts to over 7000. I've also created two
websites devoted to Lego history: http://www.isodomos.com/ and
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8642. I wish to expand my
contributions to include Lugnet.

My main focus would be including vintage uncataloged sets, and discovered
variants of known sets. With the recent addition of several dedicated vintage
collectors online, the interest and wealth of information about these old sets
is growing. I want to help Lugnet capture this wave of information for future
fans.

Please let me know what path is needed to persue such an appointment. My
referrences are available privately upon request.

Thanks,
Clark