 Administrative / Database / 1722
1721  |  1723
Subject:
Foreign names question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 10:49:47 GMT

Hi,

I'm gathering czech names of sets as presented in czech printed
catalogues. I want to provide such info as LUGNET addon on my site for
czech users.

But I encountered heavy inconsistencies between the catalogs. There are
lots of sets which have more than one name, most probably because LEGO
doesn't care and each catalogue is translated by different
person/company.

Was this issue discussed before with english names? What would be the
best solution? Store all names (together with their lifespan), select
the best of them or make a compound name (name1/name2/name3)?

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.