 Administrative / Database / 1694
1693  |  1695
Subject:
Set "2421"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:29:11 GMT

Not sure what to do with this set - the box that is show is NOT a Lego box - but
a fan-made box.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2421

See this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/promo/?n=918

The picture used in the Lugnet database should be taken down as it was never
made by Lego and who knows how many people are looking for this set in this box.

The ONLY box this set ever came in is this one:

(see box made here)

You are free to use my pictures if need be - but in no way should a fan-made,
never used by Lego box be shown for this set.

Another problem is the number..... the number '2421' never appeared on any of
the directions or box. So I am assuming the number was pulled from the same
place as the 'box' was. Not too sure what should be done about it, but AFIK
there is no set # for this set.

You can see Todd used the same set number for different versions of the box he
made:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=406970

I strongly suggest that '2421' be dropped from this set unless it can be proven
this is a correct number.

Don't get me wrong, the picture that was made is truly awesome and a great job -
but thats not the point.

This is a problem that has leeched its way to every Lego set database - Peeron,
Brickshelf, Bricklink and Lugnet.

Mark P
LoB