 Administrative / Database / 164
Re: Pause update question/offer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:18:27 GMT

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net (Richard Dee) writes:

If one should have instructions or boxes to sets which are
listed in Pause with catalogue pictures,

Most preferred is a front-panel of the instruction booklet, for example:

   http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-6886-1.html

When a front-panel of the instruction booklet is unavailable, second preferred
is a front-panel of box, for example:

   http://www.lugnet.com/fibblesnork/lego/guide/space/set/pic-1974-1.html

Least preferred is a catalog scan, but this is the only option in some cases.
Of course anything is better than nothing!  :)

would you prefer/
accept/mind such uploads to ftp..../incoming??

Sure, that's fine...

They would have to be 300dippi 0%'ers, though, correct?

Well, only if the source material is in mint condition or super-rare.  If the
source material is ripped or wrinkled or yellowed, then scans of it are likely
to be replaced someday by something better.  (300 DPI high-quality settings are
still OK though...just overkill in many cases.)

I'll be going through and making some thumbnails at some point, so that the
image that shows up on the page always fits in a 200x200 box for speed and
bandwidth savings.  Images that size are still recognizable as the set.  Then
if you click on it, it'll show you a bigger image (like in the FLG).

--Todd