 Administrative / Database / 1249
Re: scans for 4239
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:39:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Dan Boger writes:
Cary Clark <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote:
I noticed that 4239 doesn't have a picture, so I scanned the polybag
(much harder to do than I imaged) and uploaded it here:
I poked around but didn't find the instructions for how to submit an
image. I noticed that images in the set database are shown at around
400x300, 200x150 and 80x60, so I created those sizes. Do you auto-scale
images on the fly for small views and thumbnail views? Do you have a
target for how big the images should be? Mine are 39K, 9K and 2.5K; are
these the sizes you're looking for?

thanks!  picture uploaded.  From what I know, the thumbnails are
generated automagically by the server...  so the original should be (imo)
as large as is reasonable...

that's right.

I guess I usually try to get the width of the picture around
400-500, but that's just me...

another way to look at it is: it depends on what the image's contents call for.
there's a point where a larger image isn't better, just bigger. Likewise, an
image should have enough info so there isn't a big question, like, "what is
that?" stick with common sense and you'll be fine.

and thanks for your help.
-Suz