 Administrative / Database / 1199
Re: Custom Created Set Reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:02:15 GMT

Jennifer L. Boger wrote:

I'm certainly not Todd, but I disagree with this almost as much as I
disagreed with LUGNET hosting a clone set DB.  Custom sets are nice, and
I even own some, but I don't think this is the place, imho.

I think there's a difference between a clone data base and a data base
of custom sets. To quote from the Lugnet plan (from the purpose of
Lugnet):

2. To help people share information about LEGO
   products and LEGO-related resources on the World
   Wide Web by setting in motion a community-driven
   knowledge-base.

Hmm, sounds like a data base of fan created custom sets fits in that
purpose. Should it be part of the Set Guide? No, probabvly not. Could it
be a separate data base? Why not?

Just my two bullets worth

--
Frank Filz