 Administrative / Database / 1082
Re: New Lego Guide Look
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:41:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
It's a CPU and bandwidth issue.  In the extreme, some of the sets contain
over 100 entries and the numbers are always going up.  I thought about doing
some kind of cutoff but I don't know how fair that would be.

Actually, I think this is a good compromise for those features.  I don't
always need those references, but if I want them, there they are ready for
use.  Moreover, some of the Notes were somewhat silly -- and if that feature
(in particular) was causing a load problem to boot -- well, to hell with the
Notes!  I'm not likely to ever read the Notes part ever again...

-- Hop-Frog