 Administrative / Database / 1040
Re: repost: alpha team sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:49:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Andrew McGeachie writes:
hi folks.  this is a repost 'cause i never heard anything back from my
previous one.  i'm wondering, how are new sets added to the database?  the
new alpha team sets that i pre-ordered from lego shop at home have been
slowly trickling to my door, and I would like to contribute to the database
since they aren't in there yet.

thanks!

- andrew

Sorry Andrew, I didn't catch your post. I'm still trying to get the hang of
following everything on LUGNET that needs tending to. (it's actually a real job
for me now.)

I've had the data for Alpha Team sets all ready to go, but ran into an issue
about the categorization of them into the database. I've since talked it over
and I think it's decided. So as soon as I get a chance, they'll be in the
database. I'll drop a note here when that's done.

I don't intend to be this slow in the future. I'm stunned about how out of
control the db is right now. Rather than hurrying to get 2001 sets in, I put
lots of time into the guts of the tree -- tightening up the means of
organization. It's amazing how many different ways you can sort sets (even just
this year's)into groups. Todd's long-term solution will totally rock! But I
won't go into all that talk...

Thanks for being persistent about these sets. It's good for me to know that
someone noticed and expects them there.

-Suz