 Administrative / Curators / 44
Re: Curator for lugnet.trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.curators
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:41:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
"Neat images of the (mumble time period)"

This is a bit of an inside joke because I have not decided how frequently I
will be able to update this. So instead of saying "of the week", it gets a
mumble.

How about "Neat images of the moment"? Inside jokes are cute but if
they're too obtuse and hide prime content (as opposed to extras for
those "in the know"), then I wonder if they are an obstruction.

Just a thought (from another curator who is still struggling with
exactly what to put on the front page).

Incidentally, for those who have mentioned it, I will not be
transferring my links pages to Lugnet. I played with FTX at one point
(Todd even converted one of my pages to FTX for me), but I found it too
limiting in it's formatting capability. Another reason to keep my links
pages at least out of the curator position is that they strongly
represent MY view of the world. Now clearly as curator of .pirates, I'll
be putting my stamp on the Lugnet pages, I want to make it a more common
view (so folks, PLEASE send me those suggestions/votes for top Pirate
sites, I'm not going to just put my list there).

FUT: lugnet.admin.curators

Frank