 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 81 – 100 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Leapyears (was Y2K problem with lugnet! (was Re: Help...))

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman writes: ... (...) Way back in 1983, someone reported a "problem" with our operating system not figuring leap years correctly, and was given this explanation (and I was worried about posting this until I found it (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.842)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

Hi Larry, I don't normally like to disagree with fellow LUGNETer's, and I certainly don't want to start an arugument over this, but I do find myself drawn to respond to your curious comments. I doubt that it was your intention, but your comments (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.841)

  Re: Specific problem: finding members - general conclusion: principle of least surprise needed on Lugnet

(...) And voila, now it does! That was a quick fix! It did a very fast redirect to: (URL) I would do the training page thing by showing people they need to go to the right place but just a redirect is fine.. Here are a few more I found by trying (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.841)

  Themed-WebSite/Links Interface?

Plans for LUGnet? Are there any plans to use Datsville/ Your pages on community patterns to introduce a graphical interface to certain Lego (R) Related websites? I can well imagine town sites being acssed through street plans-Or VRML? I can suggest (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.840)

  Re: Which group does this belong in?

(...) Given the general sentiment regarding reviews of Clone sets and the generation of CLONE.DAT files, I'd suggest using off-topic.clone for setting up trades of this sort. I'm a fan, though; you'll have to let us know what you're looking to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.840)

  New group suggestion

I'd like to suggest a new group: lugnet.shopping.fotw For discussions about unusual finds. (traditionally "find of the week"). Unusual == hard to find or deeply discounted KL (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.839)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

Personally, I suggest Lorbaat and Scott killfile each other and be done with it, and save us all the headache of seeing this dragged on and on and on and on..... (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.839)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

butting in again. (...) I said this to eric already... I think Scott really means that if he slips up he WILL donate 10, as he outlined before. Fault him for saying it in a flippant way at first, but I think if you go back and look at his responses, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) I think (hope) if you had been more explicit that pre-auction buy/trade offers were what you were looking for, the posting would have been ok. I sussed that that was your intent, but I also have communicated with you before about lots which (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: New group suggestion

(...) c /marketplace/market/ And as this seems to be the time to suggest restructuring lugnet.market, why not lugnet.market.commercial, for anyone who is posting information for LEGO their commercial operation is selling? Steve (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) want (...) who (...) auctions (...) I'd be curious as to how many people really never ever ever want to see an auction announcement. I would guess that many of the people who got upset at the trend RTL was (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) Dang, and here I was going to nominate the E. P. Joslin Center for the Study of the Effects of Bushmill's and Guinness. (...) That all just kind of fell out of my head as I typed it. Looking back at it, I didn't so much mean "I didn't want to (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: Simple (but fun) Castley Strategy Game(y)

(...) You mean (URL)? Yeah, maybe a little link from that page to /lugnet/fun/gaming/ would make sense? Certainly as 'gaming' seems to suggest all forms of gaming, not just computer games. Richard (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.838)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38AF34B1.B4C22D8F@v...er.net>... (...) if (...) might (...) some (...) I agree mailing list is the best way. Perhaps we should start tossing more concrete ideas of how decisions will be made, what kinds of things (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images

Just a general thought: One problem we have in this whole discussion is that there are two separate (but related) issues on the table, which unfortuanately are currenlty tightly coupled. The first issue is Scott's mis-post. The second issue is how (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Self Organisation (Was: Re: No gimmicks, just some free background images)

All in favor? I think Frank just got himself a chair. (1) Rereading my post 2 refs back it looks like I was saying I'd be chair if asked. What I actually meant was I'd be a committee member if asked. 1 - Seriously... step one in organizing a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Discussing LEGO-related spam (Was: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)

(...) Hmm... At a guess, I'd suggest lugnet.people or lugnet.market.theory, or possibly both, depending on how you wanted to mention it. But then, you're probably not looking for a guess... Todd? James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Cleaning up the main homepage

(...) I was just about to suggest this but I see Kevin beat me to it. <click> "Me too!" J (25 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: Discussing LEGO-related spam (Was: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)

(...) Ya, .general is most tailored in its chartre toward the LEGO product line -- only very slightly to community issues. (...) Depends on what you want to focus on. I'd suggest: .publish - if you want to talk about the general practice of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.837)

  Re: "Yisra`el" vs. "Israel"

(...) Yeah, that's what he meant :P (...) It's not that it's incorrect. That _is_ how Israelis say the name of the country - in Hebrew. However, we never write it like that in English. The common and acceptable English spelling is Israel. This is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.il)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

More:  Next Page >>