 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 41 – 60 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  NYC, Yonkers

I am woefully ignorant of the NYC area, but since I am moving close to Yonkers in 2 months, maybe I can add a small suggestion. Perhaps I can even be the first Yonkers subscriber! :-) First, I agree that a "Greater NYC" or "Metropolitan (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.862)

  Outlook Express problems

(...) Mike, what you are asking for is a modification to the newsserver in order to work around a bug in Microsoft Outlook Express. That bug -- and I have no idea how or why it manifests itself -- only that most people don't see it, yet several (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.862)

  Re: Sorry for the double posting

Hi Todd, Of course, nothing happened, so now everything seems to work as it should... For the next posting on the list, we will test it out frist to see if it's still OK. I will suggest him to comment on Gordon's Brick Programmer when I see him (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.861)

  Re: Allocation of member #'s

Along the lines of the community map, I suggest starting each of the numbers with some type of classifying attribute. In other words beginning all member numbers with the year of birth, or year they started reading rtl, they year they signed up to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.860)

  Re: Problems reading messages & with cookie

(...) Sounds like a bug in the Win3.1 version of MSIE. The colon (:) in the URL seems to be confusing the parser into thinking that part of the tail end of the URL is the protocol portion of the URL (the part that usually begins with (URL) ftp://, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.860)

  Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?

(...) Yes. (...) I meant that it would go to a relatively small board, self selected, but with your veto on membership, that would make the call. Form-of-Government-wise I'm more of a republican than a democrat(1), I think putting these questions to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

suggest
(score: 0.859)

  Re: markup syntax for member pages

Todd Lehman wrote in several messages ... (...) ... (...) [Todd], {I} must have (missed the start <of this>, but why)? _All_ you're doing is (forcing) people l{i}ke me to write <[pre>-processors] to remove the [garbage] that (you{'}<ve)> let (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

suggest
(score: 0.859)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) I'd agree. In principle, where bricks do have obvious uses you'd need to keep that use in the name for simplicity. After all, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find some exotic uses for wheels, but is anyone seriously going to suggest that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

suggest
(score: 0.859)

  Re: how to cancel a message (was Re: [MindStorms FAQ 4.3 How do I make a temperature sensor?]

That doesn't sound secure enough. I would suggest that when a user "registers" to use the web interface, their browser should be send a random unique "user ID", and the user ID should also be sent to the email address they registered with. If they (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.858)

  Re: Search for "BLOCKQUOTE" in lugnet.faq

(...) Okay, cool. Now I understand. An understandable "mistake". It might even be considered a feature. So, we have two choices. I can either write a script that loads in all 500+ lugnet.faq messages I haven't read yet and search them manually, or I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.858)

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) Can you move the articles that are in groups about to go bye bye for now to higher in the hierarchy? Or mail them back to the authors and suggest reposting? (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.858)

  Re: Collapsing the lugnet.loc.uk hierarchy

(...) OK. (...) The original 83 groups are incorrect anyway IIRC, Humberside has been destroyed I believe - there is a post here by *Sy* or similar about it. (...) Won't these still be available via search on the website or will they go the way of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.858)

  Suggestion: Notify through email on replies.

Lugnet Admin- I just wanted to suggest that along with the "Please email me a copy of my message" that you provide a "Send me an email when someone replies to my message". Thanks! Mark (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Perl-based bulk set IDer...

(...) Say, did you know about the "output=plain" option? For example, (URL) a simpler output mode which makes parsing easier, and it's much less bandwidth (about 1/10 the page size). Actually, rather than parsing, it was really created for the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.857)

  Re: New review site going up...

(...) It was a private email so I softened what it said. (...) Great idea to tap into Joseph G.'s enthusiasm. Sometimes no one does as good a job as someone who is frustrated by what has been done so far. Bad idea to write code for this function if (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.855)

  Sig a probational condition?, philosophy of what we are doing (was Re: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET

I just reviewed this subthread's responses and I didn't see a single person, so far, who felt that use of a sig was mandatory, so I'm not sure I'd either - be all that upset about it the larger scheme of things... or - make it be one of the terms of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.855)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET, REV 1.1

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:Xy5anEAMzAw3EwE...n.co.uk... (...) _PLEASE_ NOTE: All the lugnet.cad* groups invite novices who want help honing their skills. Those of us who author parts _love_ to guide newbies in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

suggest
(score: 0.854)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET, REV 1.1

(...) Yea, Jeremy, that sums things up pretty well. Pure totalitarian, authoritarian, dictatorial, or despotic architectures certainly may happen to work out in the long run for communities like this, but that's not the plan here. Neither of course (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.854)

  Re: group suggestion

.announce.brickshelf makes sense since the updates are essentially broadcasts and not really interactive. I was going to suggest publish.scans instead of db.scans, but publish.scans implies discussions about any type of scans while db.scans implies (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.854)

  Re: What makes an something an auction

(...) Grr. Hot button. (...) bidder" while neglecting to to define what a "bidder" is and while also failing to mention the key notion of preemption or leapfrogging. That same dictionary also defines "bid" (verb) in the context of trade as simply to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.853)

More:  Next Page >>