 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 161 – 180 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  (canceled)

suggest
(score: 0.819)

  Minor tweak

I agree the red "Posting Message" is a good thing, and the preview, etc. setup is very good. I don't even want to think about going back to a regular newsgroup format - I don't even have newsgroups installed on my PC anymore. Kudos on your great (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.819)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

(...) I would suggest putting the following parts (marked by * *) in bold or in red. a. "Your *real-life* name will appear automatically ...." b. "In other words, *you must not conceal your real-life name* or *your real e- mail address* from other (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.818)

  Re: Reducing fussiness in automated password appraisal

(...) Certainly *way* easier to pass. I'd even suggest using level 3. Level 2 passes "c00l!" (just barely). Would it be possible to kick up the relative strength of the dictionary check a bit? (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.817)

  FAQ group - not on main page

Hi Todd, I was looking the other day on the main lugnet page (www.lugnet.com) and realized there is no direct link to the FAQ group (news.lugnet.com/faq/). Ouch. I mean, people can't ask questions if they don't know where to ask them... Ideally, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.817)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) Hear Hear. I suggest Ben be banned from complaining about ANYTHING directly related to Lugnet (don't worry Ben, you can still whinge about how Aussies pay more for stuff and all that, lots left to whinge about...) until he uses the proper (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.816)

  Re: LUGNET Memberships

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G23324.HEu@lugnet.com... (...) presumably (...) would (...) people (...) Well, Todd, I don't think anything is necessary, but it's your choice. Here's what I would suggest: Eliminate the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.816)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

(...) IF you forgot to say that you were in Oz when you saw it. On the other hand people post this all the time and others jump on it and arrange for some cross border buying and selling. But your example is flawed as that post belongs in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.816)

  Re: Incorrect group posting [was RE: cartoonnetwork.com is having an online contest]

Now hold up a sec! Whilst I agree with Todd, berating Benjamin over something he has no control over won't actually accomplish anything. He has stated, previously, that he has no control over what the server admins do on their machines, and I (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.815)

  Re: My Stance

(...) No, I don't know that. Not based on what you said. If that's not how you feel, I suggest you stop obsessing over his disrespect for James, because that's certainly how it's sounding. (...) Fine, that was the final straw. But if he's learned (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.815)

  Re: Let’s be inclusive, and not exclusive. (was Re: My point.)

Todd, I can understand your intention to being fair, but do you really think this is necessary for this case? Do you really believe that someone could have an acceptable excuse and/or explanation for such a situation? I suggest letting him scrawl (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.815)

  (canceled)

suggest
(score: 0.815)

  Re: My Stance

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Moulton writes: <snip> Well, it may make me sound like a jerk, but your apology rings false and I think you're lying. I don't believe a word of it. You obviously have a certain degree of skill at word craft, and at (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.815)

  Re: Todd! Admin and owner

(...) I let this one sit for a while, maybe should let it sit even longer. I think we do need to separate the issue of what to do about MM (which seems to be coming to a consensus, more or less) from the larger issue of whether Lugnet is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.814)

  Re: My Stance

(...) Wow, what a loaded question, especially given what seems(ed) like a reverse- witch-hunt. I'd like to state first that I realized Friday that I got WAY too worked up about this and posted some things that were, in some cases, petty and (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.814)

  Re: Frank's Giant (or not so giant...) Castle Index (was Re: pics of my castle's new church...)

(...) Excellent list, Frank. If you're OK with it, I'd suggest that Todd add this to the Links & Resources at news.lugnet.castle (...) The only suggestion I would have is that it could be broken down into multiple pages. It's a loooong list to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.814)

  Re: Building manual on sale.

(...) Todd, Are you going to finalize the change in TOS limiting all market activity to appropriate groups, or finalize that you won't be making the change? I hate to see people keep tripping over the TOS. Everyone else, I strongly suggest you read (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.813)

  Re: "jump.cgi" considered harmful ? (1)

Let me try to be clearer. (...) This is almost certainly what a lot of it indeed is. Using jump.cgi theoretically doubles the latency since two resolutions are required. But it's not ALL the delay, some surely, is at the server itself while it (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.811)

  migrate private set list to public list

Is there any easy way to migrate my private set list information in my membership webpage to the public list. I added it all as private (use to privacy on the NET) without thinking clearly about it :) Todd or whomever maintains the web forms, I (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.811)

  Re: News search function temporarily disabled

<nod nod> Thanks for letting us know. I'm no geek in any means, but first things first, I would limit the search. Sometimes a single search brings up thousands of posts. I suggest if the search is too broad, say it and make the searcher narrow it (...) (24 years ago, 13-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

suggest
(score: 0.810)

More:  Next Page >>