 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 141 – 160 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I really like the idea of adding .ebay, .brickbay, and .lego-direct (but call it .shop-at-home or .lsahs) categories. However instead of .swap and .swap.updates I would suggest .barter, .forsale, and .wanted. --Bill. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Discussing LEGO-related spam (Was: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)

(...) Ya, .general is most tailored in its chartre toward the LEGO product line -- only very slightly to community issues. (...) Depends on what you want to focus on. I'd suggest: .publish - if you want to talk about the general practice of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) An official post requires a certain stationary (aka email address domain) and a particular signature with specific elements in it. Have I understood you correctly? Is this actually documented anywhere? This would seem to suggest that lacking a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

(...) Maybe we should take this offline to dig in further on cracking but I see this as really hard to crack. If you have some ideas on how to crack it, I suggest you send them directly to Todd so he can see if there's some angle he overlooked. I (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Attack of the star wars sales :)

(...) Wait... You did this on purpose, not just by accident, but rather to "prove a point"?? Not sure that was a good idea. If you think there is change needed, there are channels to suggest it, which may be a better approach than deliberatley doing (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Signature Image Abuse

(...) I think MOC images can (and should) be larger. I'm not concerned about size there (though others are). I'm on a DSL connection, running 1600x1200 resolution. But, I do respect those who don't have that available, and suggest images of MOCs (or (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 4

(...) I think what bothers me (and maybe this is the case for others) is that these alternating colors are too disimilar--the contast between them is too much. I would suggest replacing the white color with the same light blue as the background of (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Ideas ready to be shot down

(...) Banner ads are fine with me. I've been meaning to buy some over on Brickshelf for my store, but haven't gotten around to making an actual banner yet! If you go this route, I'd suggest doing it yourself or getting someone a little less (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Request to move .mecha

(...) My two cents here... I'm not an admin and this just my opinion. If I recall correctly, Space gets it's own newsgroup because it is an official subtheme. Mecha is not an official subtheme and unfortunately gets buried in the .Build newsgroup. I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Mail posting (was Re: Unable to connect via NNTP)

Dan Boger wrote in message ... (...) your (...) This was when I tried to send back the email confirmation notice. The mail did eventually go through and the posting appeared (tto late to do any good by that time). (...) suggest (...) It's not a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Problems with confirming

(...) snip (...) This was once the problem - when trying to contact lugnet admin, it failed, as it was not possible to send mail to lugnet.com - quite a problem as it was not even possible to report it. May I suggest to have another adress for that, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Feb-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

(...) The reference is to auction posts of any kind, whether they are considered spam or not is irrelevant and depends on each individual. (...) I'll quote your original post and reply to that, if you don't mind: "I suggest the pre-auction (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: sensors (was: Re: New newsgroup lugnet.loc.eu)

I guess I vote to keep it together, at this level of daily posts.. If we get like sci.electronics.design then we can worry about it. If we DID make a separate list, I would suggest it be HOMEBREW to cover all user-designed and built Sensors AND (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Building manual on sale.

(...) Todd, Are you going to finalize the change in TOS limiting all market activity to appropriate groups, or finalize that you won't be making the change? I hate to see people keep tripping over the TOS. Everyone else, I strongly suggest you read (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes:>>Hey, that's a good idea- if you pay to become a Lugnet member, you're allowed (...) I'm not yet a member (mainly because most of my posting has been to OT rather than LEGO-specific contributions), (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers

(...) Ooh, Scott's sentence structure there is icky. There's some double negatavism going on, but the phrase "does it not belong" is usually intended to mean the same is "is it true that it belongs"... (...) One thing I strongly suggest you also add (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Animation & Sports group rename

(...) Hey Todd, These are great changes. Especially with Lego expanding from soccer to basketball to hockey (even though I'm not thrilled with the execution of this last), having a "sports" section will be cool. One other section I would suggest (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Badgering emails

(...) Well to be pedantic, there were 2 statements in your sentence, Kevin's response could have been referring to either (or both). (...) Which brings up another point - do official mails come from the @lugnet.com addresses, or from your private (...) (19 years ago, 23-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Themed-WebSite/Links Interface?

Plans for LUGnet? Are there any plans to use Datsville/ Your pages on community patterns to introduce a graphical interface to certain Lego (R) Related websites? I can well imagine town sites being acssed through street plans-Or VRML? I can suggest (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Gods Monopoly

(...) Ah, I just had an insight to what the problem is. I bet some of the people who are complaining read Lugnet from the main page, which consolidates all the newsgroups. Perhaps the top page should not consolidate the off-topic hierarchy (I'd also (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>