 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 121 – 140 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: No Comment

(...) No, there wasn't any. (...) Yup! Several people noted that they had accidentally clicked a button and submitted a rating on an article they didn't want to rate (for example something in a .loc group they didn't want to interfere with, or an (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Article ratings aren't supposed to be feedback. The ratings are supposed to describe to readers approximately how helpful or useful or interesting or fun an article might be to them -- giving them some sense of what to expect. (...) What's (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: the latest news

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) members (...) eliminate (...) might (...) help? Yes. I would also suggest that some explanatory text (i.e. how ratings should be interpreted) be added to the rating histogram page itself. I think that some (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Skip Filter borked?

(...) Hmm, probably not, but I'm not sure how browsers interpret the "only to the originating server" phrase... A browser -could- (and I would think should) remember that a ".foo.bar" cookie came from "www.foo.bar" if it was going to place (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Regarding bulk orders: a proposal

(...) Ah yes, a posted periodic summary might help Brad. Suggest posting a message to .lego.direct asking Brad if it would help him or not help him. (Or write to him at his published address legodirect@lego.com and ask.) Only Brad knows what would (...) (24 years ago, 18-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  LEGO Direct ng possibilities (was: Re: Cleaning up the main homepage)

(...) OK, let's talk a bit about some possible solutions... First, let's nail down the problem: The problem isn't that the system is clogged up per se (it's always clogged up :) but that Brad's announcements/pronouncements are so quickly lost among (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria

(...) If we're down to just three choices, suggest that each choice get its own submit button. That's faster even than a radio button, and WAY faster than the current drop down list. And that improves usability from a human factors perspective. Of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

(...) ^^^...^^^ (...) As for the name of the newsgroup, I also would like to suggest (again) that the name include the word OFFICIAL. I think this would help to clear up most confusion about posting privleges, validity of messages, and the like. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) traffic (...) exist, (...) to (...) I think there is a "double standard" in that auction posts are singled out as particularly bad. This is not necessarily a bad thing (we also have a "double standard" on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: New newsgroups for LEGO Direct and the LEGO Company

(...) Some more background and clarification (Important): This new .lego.* area (especially .lego.direct) is intended more as a "community dialogue with the LEGO Company -- for courteous and concise discussion" than as a regular traffic discussion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: auction vs non-auction double standard?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) of (...) original (...) to (...) Perhaps something on the lines of: ---...--- Posts offering items for sale, trade, auction, or "wanted" posts, or anything else related to "market" type activities are (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms) !

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

I suggest that Todd give him a warning, in private, about sending spam. He could point out that posting reaches a wider audience, and he is more likely to gain customers. Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Auczilla XI

(...) Certainly don't want to stirr up trouble, but I would assume that this thread really doesn't belong outside of lugnet.market.auction (in some ways even more so than an actual auction announcement, because this has extremely little value to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.terms) !

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) help -- (...) to (...) clear (...) I think the rating system, in a ideal world, is a great idea. However, this is not an ideal world. The trouble with the system is, as I see it, that not enough members are voting - and those who are voting (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

I believe there is a problem that has already been addressed by several people, and that is that the ratings are too vague. If everyone is rating messages based on their own criteria, then we will never be able to use the information that is being (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

(...) Well, since you asked, I thought I'd leave mine. (...) This change could be for the better. I was fine with the 100 scale (I think the 5 scale gives less acurate results) but it's good if it makes rating easier for people. Hopefully this will (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.832)

  Re: Creating Lugent Rating Criteria

(...) I was just saying "neutral, excellent, way excellent" in reply to something as a means of clarification. We'd actually like to avoid any kind of qualitative judgment type words in the choices. By saying "Highlight" and "Spotlight" (assuming (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.831)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I certainly wouldn't suggest that. I think that someone thought (perhaps a bit misguidedly, but honestly I don't think *too* misguidedly) that they were doing something cool -- something that we (including Todd and Suzanne) would all (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.831)

  Re: Group Charters (was:Re: Fabuland Auction Update 4)

(...) No, I said .loc.au was a was logical place, not that it was the right place. By "logical place" I mean that common sense might suggest that posting it there might make perfect sense (if someone was clueless about the T&C). (...) It's always (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.831)

  Re: Group Charters (was:Re: Fabuland Auction Update 4)

(...) Wow, you nailed it! That's the feeling I'm beginning to get after reading recent messages from PeterC, PaulB, MarkH, ScottA, and others. To posit a question, how much harm would it do if all types of market traffic were allowed in .loc and (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.830)

More:  Next Page >>