 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 121 – 140 of about 400.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Polls as propaganda devices.

(...) Well, you could include a standard quote at the bottom, similar to the one at on slashdot: (URL) Don't complain about lack of options. You've got to pick a few when you do multiple choice. Those are the breaks. * Feel free to suggest poll (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.247)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

First, I must say, hooray! I was deep in my dark ages when I first came across Lugnet. I did some coming back every now and then to see the new CLSOTW. 18 months later I come back, fully out of my dark ages and see my favorite thing I remembered (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

Some thoughts about CLSotW: * The rate of new LEGO sites coming online is quite a bit slower than one per week, I believe. As a result, you will soon find that there aren't enough new sites to prevent having to award the prize to an old site. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

(...) Same here. I'd like BimP to win one of these awards! ;-) (...) I agree with T.J. and Bruce on this one. But what do you call it? LEGO Site of the Every Other Week? Or do you just keep the same name and everyone understands the "real deal?" (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.243)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

Yes, let's bring it back!!! It was one of the original reasons I began surfing LUGNET. I agree with most of Bruce's suggestions (below) with embellishments noted. (...) This is a great idea. Perhaps CLSotW could go to monthly, or every third or (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.243)

  Group in Subject: Header for News-by-Mail

I suggest that there be an optional feature for those reading LUGNET by mail to have the name of the newsgroup appear in the Subject: line, in the usual fashion. That is, Subject: [lugnet.admin.suggestions] Re: Curator List so users could tell right (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.242)

  Re: New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

(...) That seems a bit heavy-handed. Omitting information that is useful or helpful or necessary to others is annoying, but not subject to any negative action, IMO. I don't like posts that only give me half the story or omit crucial details any more (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.242)

  Terms of Use violation (was Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?)

Todd, Dan, etc.: This user, "LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> is engaging in personal attacks. Please disable her access until she is ready to apologize for this wholly inappropriate response. XFUT: lugnet.admin.general (Suz: You have lost the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general) !!

suggest
(score: 0.242)

  Re: a few new things

(...) Ooops, sorry...... didn't mean to give that impression. There's nothing wrong with good design; quite the contrary. I was simply trying to suggest that the design I saw there appeared somewhat too business-like. Perhaps I can clarify with (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.241)

  Re: a few new things

(...) Hi! (...) Woho! (...) I know of a great contact that is the cheapest, boasts the highest quality stuff and is the nicest guy. This is first hand, he is printing for my org. (...) Please explain this further... (...) Yeah! (...) Shoot. (...) To (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.241)

  Re: a few new things

Suz: I'll start small and work my way in... While it's not a big issue - the use of CSS could help y'all maintain uniformity of appearance across all the pages of the site with a small, reusable bit of "code" -- but then again, I don't really see a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.241)

  Re: a few new things

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gx9574.qt@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) is (...) from the (...) often (...) stick (...) have (...) blah, (...) The following are just my opinions, so don't be too offended by them... I think that (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.241)

  Suggest a group ...

(...) Snipped the rest and FUT to admin.suggestions. More on the actual issue later. I would like to suggest that a group (groups?) be created for focused discussion of parts files so that cad.dat.parts can return to being a group that has dat files (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.240)

  Re: Suggest a group ...

(...) Meow! Other possible names: lugnet.cad.dev.parts lugnet.cad.dev.ldraw.org.parts (ouch! too long!) lugnet.cad.org.ldraw.parts (this one implies a reorg of other .cad group(s)) lugnet.cad.ldraw.parts (reasonable, but too far from existing names) (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.240)

  Sales and Auctions

Hey Y'all: Idea Number One: My weakest recommendation is that an honor system be set up on the marketplace pages, and that any seller obtaining a sale from a contact made on Lugnet pay a small percentage of that sale to Lugnet. Obviously such (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.admin.finance)

suggest
(score: 0.239)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) Larry: There seems to be some absurd assertion that Scott A. is some kind of significant threat to the stability/civility of Lugnet, but I just don't see it. Even if I were to accept that Scott were such a threat, then I would suggest that you (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.239)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) I dispute that it was an "attack". But the question of what level of competitive response is appropriate on LUGNET(tm) is a valid question, which I would love to see someone else take up by starting a new thread. I suggest neither Scott nor I (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.239)

  Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y

(...) really, Larry. That's absurd. I refuse to spend my time hunting down each instance of what might have been intended as bicker-bait and quickly shutting down the posters, purely to help eliminate temptation for those who have difficulty with (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 0.239)

  Re: Service Packs: Space, Technic, Train, Town, etc

(...) Happens all the time in the real world. c.f. WalMart(tm) and KMart(tm) shopping each other and posting ads highlighting their price differences. When I went to Scott's store and saw his prices I realised that perhaps some competitive advantage (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.239)

  Re: Sidebar Updates?

(...) I think he is! ... with a little help from the readership of course. He *is* the curator of .build.military after all. :-) I just scoped out what changes he did already and they look good. Stylistically we chose different highlighting and so (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.admin.curators)

suggest
(score: 0.238)

More:  Next Page >>