 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 101 – 120 of about 400.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Gods Monopoly

(...) Ah, I just had an insight to what the problem is. I bet some of the people who are complaining read Lugnet from the main page, which consolidates all the newsgroups. Perhaps the top page should not consolidate the off-topic hierarchy (I'd also (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: do we need lugnet.org.castle-world?

(...) Sounds like a good idea to me. The only thing I can see as being a quibble is that once the adminstrivia(1) is over with, then it becomes a really blurred line as to what goes where. Most Castle World content will be quite happy and on topic (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  (canceled)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

"Shiri Dori" <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fr2BII.J3z@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) announcements (...) them (...) favor (...) my (...) this (...) Sure. But sometimes it is difficult to change. Using this form of debate, it can be (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: Suggested Change in Charter for ALL Lugnet Theme Groups.

(...) The reference is to auction posts of any kind, whether they are considered spam or not is irrelevant and depends on each individual. (...) I'll quote your original post and reply to that, if you don't mind: "I suggest the pre-auction (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?

(...) Well, my knee jerk reaction is "Definitely!". There have been a LOT of posts on Castle World development and potential concepts, to which there has been a lot of negative feedback-- primarily being that it clutters and bogs down lugnet.castle. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: Article scoring

(...) ^^^...^^^ (...) Steve, I'm glad you mentioned that -- because from a "makes sense" point of view, I think it's much harder to explain to voters that the article's score is sum(V,1,n)/(n+1) [n voters] than it is simply to explain that the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.836)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) But I don't _want_ to, and to suggest that as an alternative to carrying around a machine-generated password seems a little boneheaded. I don't _want_ to leave myself logged into Lugnet just like I don't _want_ to leave myself logged into (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.835)

  Re: Royal Knights treasure Carrier 6044 and others

well MR Leroy, Your sale posting doesn't belong in this group no matter what you're selling. Sale postings can ONLY go in market.buy-sell-trade. It doesn't belong at all in .castle, so don't jump on Ravi he was right in the first place. Read the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.835)

  Re: Can we define flogging?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) quasi-market-related (...) transactions. (...) whatever (...) cash. (...) From a market perspective, these types of posts probably belong in buy-sell-trade. I think it is reasonable to ask in shopping "could (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.terms)

suggest
(score: 0.835)

  Re: Strategic Rating (Was: Re: Next and Prev buttons or links)

(...) Just an FYI... Human interface guidelines suggest that color should never be the sole carrier of information, for several reasons. The obvious reason is so that people with difficulty distinguishing colors or shades of gradation can use your (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: homepage bringing forth weird results

(...) Oh! So basically, what happened: Click to lugnet - displays lugnet (version A) Click to somehwere else - displays other page Click to lugnet - displays lugnet (version B) Click "Back" twice - displays lugnet (version A) [this sounds like a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: New feature: Article rating

(...) Yeah, but the point is we ARE right. You're not concerned about it, Todd may not be concerned about it, but the market backs us up. Can you change your password at Amazon.com? BN.com? Any other major online retailer you care to name? How about (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general) !

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: Top-N article list adjusted for article-age

(...) addition to time value, takes the NUMBER of ratings into account. To my way of thinking 2 articles both rated 90 aren't quite the same if one is rated 90 by 5 and the other by 50. Just something to ponder. ++Lar (24 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  colors of rating digits

In the traffic report/page "shades of red" currently show how hot the article count is, that is, how recent the 38 posts to off-topic.pun in the last 24 hours actually are. In the list of articles you get when you drill in there, "shades of red" (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: S'more "newbie welcome" thoughts

(...) Great idea....with links to the acronym and abbreviation pages would be ral helpful... I would suggest Lugnet.orientation (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)

(...) You know, Mike, this just may be true -- there is just no way that anyone else could have known this; and given that, I had to assume you meant something at least along the lines of the commonly understood colloquial meaning. Its not like I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: LEGO Direct ng possibilities (was: Re: Cleaning up the main homepage)

(...) How about other terms being used? I might suggest: lugnet.lego-direct lugnet.lego-direct.official reserve posting privledges to LD representatives only; FUT defaul set at lugnet.lego-direct I also would like to suggest this lugnet.dear-lego (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.834)

  Re: 8480 Technic Shuttles

Rob- (...) Did I use the word auction? I've sold things in this manner many times before on b-s-t and it's never caused a problem. Ever. I even was careful to word it so that it could not possibly be construed as an auction! I'm surprised anyone (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) While I don't think people should need to justify why they mark anything up or down, I think it would help if people were prepared to give/suggest reasons if someone genuinely is curious why they have been downscored. Otherwise they are likely (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 0.833)

More:  Next Page >>