 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 221 – 240 of about 2200.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET - draft #8

(...) <snip> (...) When will this page go Public? Christina Happy new year to all of you! (18 years ago, 24-Jan-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 0.562)

  Re: to Todd: How did THIS get on LUGNET?!

(...) Yeah, is one of those things that, unfortunately, you have to live with whilst using the internet. I for one don't mind putting up with these sporadic SPAM posts in .robotics frpm crynwr 'cause the 99.999 percent of the rest of the posts are (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet
(score: 0.560)

  Re: Thumbnail images (was: Re: FreeNetnames comes up trumps!)

(...) Are you going to update the Pause Database in the near future - I know it's time consuming - especially the service packs in the 5xxx range, they have entires but the uploaded pictures of them which I know have been submitted haven't made (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.database)

internet, service
(score: 0.559)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well, I was not expecting THIS much of a response simply because I said of what I said in my letter. A lot of people must think of me as a narrow-minded, bigoted, right-wing, Bible-thumping homophobe now because I said that it was not a good (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

service
(score: 0.558)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Really, give me a break. People in favor of this idea have tossed around the term "homophobic" not in the clinical sense, but at anyone who hasn't embraced this idea as being wonderful, and you know it. I was pointing out the fact that those (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

service
(score: 0.557)

  Some facts about current events and a small opinion

Based on www.dictionary.com - here are definitions to some words that have come up in current discussions. I place them here so people will understand the black and white facts as given to us by references we (all?) trust. Gay - (URL) Of, relating (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

service
(score: 0.557)

  Re: ???Question???

PS: if my tone seems annoyed or even antagonistic in the past few messages, it's not at anyone here -- it's at Microsoft. I try to avoid MS-bashing as much as I can, but this is blatently evil [1]. It's like the Kerberos thing, but arguably worse -- (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.556)

  Re: News-by-Mail digests

(...) You may want to consider switching to a real e-mail client. :) Just kidding mostly, but I'm using a little shareware program called Becky! Internet Mail that seems to handle the thousands of messages I have in my LCAD folder just fine. :) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

internet, mail
(score: 0.555)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET part 3

(...) Glad you like the overall look of the mock-up I did, but I should be careful not to take too much credit. I really just moved stuff around that was in Rene's (URL) index-test-2> and subsequent drafts. So any imperfections in the logo shadow (...) (18 years ago, 20-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

mail
(score: 0.555)

  Questions about the setup for mail-to-news on lugnet.com

This is still an ongoing issue for LUGNET and people who have to occasionally post to the lugnet.robotics hierarchy. However, some interesting questions about the gateway arise. For instance, I keep finding that my email address is specified as the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.555)

  Re: Address munge and Google...

Sorry I didn't notice this sooner: (...) No. The e-mail addresses that get "spam-me-notted" (should consider trademarking this ;-) ) are those that come from the news headers. You can't reliably identify e-mail addresses in the body of messages, so (...) (18 years ago, 27-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 0.553)

  Re: WARNING: spam from Helge Viker

(...) Helge, Thanks for letting us know what you are doing and that you are stoping your E-mails. I would note however that probably the main reason you only got 1 negative e-mail as feed back is probably because most Internet providers and E-mail (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

internet, mail
(score: 0.553)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

"Gereon "Jerry" Stein" <jerry@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:J9FKBL.Bx9@lugnet.com... (...) How about considering the current LUGNET system to be made into (I don't know the exact word I'm after) an 'archive-read-only' system, and migrating (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.552)

  Re: Message indexing awry?

(...) René and I are actively discussing options here - however at this stage it would be far too early to promise anything. As it stands, Lugnet-posts are not exactly easy to maintain and even a members-only edit function would bear a couple of (...) (18 years ago, 28-Nov-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.552)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

Hey, WOW! A new LUGNET site! :> This is GREAT. I like the one that is hear but a change can be good! Out of curiosity, what brought upon these interesting thoughts of changing the site? I design websites often, well actually almost everyday I am (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 0.551)

  Re: New homepage for LUGNET

(...) Exactly. (...) I'm up in the air about keeping 'Top Stories' on the main page of LUGNET. Perhaps it should stay, and have a bit less prominent position. What I'd *really* like to see is a magazine-style news posting system where articles (not (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.general, FTX)

internet
(score: 0.551)

  Re: What should be done about ratings

(...) Good point. I see a growing need for a "ratings HOW-TO" page. (...) If just anyone can rate a message, what's to keep me from creating 100 accounts and rating my posts up to "100" for whatever reason? Todd's taking steps to verify existance of (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.548)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

I don't know if this will work, but I tried setting up 'internet e-mail' or something similar for delivery method. Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au Ph: (03) 9856 5282 Directory Technology Pty Ltd 1/436 Elgar Road, Box Hill, 3128 (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.548)

  RE: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)

1 minor problem...I don't have internet access here at work, nor news access...I only have e-mail..And now you're trying to take that from me :( {Trust me, if I had internet access, I'd be posting that way.] Benjamin Whytcross (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 0.546)

  Re: posting to the robotics newsgroup

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:J71C5n.Hr4@lugnet.com... (...) It's something I've known about for a some time too, and I've reported some of them as a misdirected bounce type of spam item. I'm firmly of the opinion that (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 0.546)

More:  Next Page >>