Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:23:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Daniel Hamann wrote:

   Very unique and very cool shape. I wouldn’t have tried such a style own my on, it’s inspiring to see that it works!

And congratulations for the photo work, too. It’s definitely worth the extra effort.

Thanks Daniel. I was actually really upset with how the photos came out this time. My Sony butchers red and one of my lights blew out when I was shooting. So good to see somebody likes the pics.

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase

crimson, skies
(score: 1.283)

Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jean-Pascal Rignault wrote:
   Very nice plane Jon!

Double cockpit, wow! And it seems the crew can easily spot what’s following them. Heu, no, what’s they’re targeting and following. Yep, figuring which way this plane flies is surprising! I guess I have this feeling mainly because of the wings shape. Does the chief engineer/designer at Kenworth always drive his car backwards? Do you?

Cheers,

JP.

I might have over done the ambiguity on this one, but one of my goals for mocs is to get that exact reaction.

“Which way does it go?”

And I do actually love to go really fast in reverse gear sometimes, by the way!

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase

crimson, skies
(score: 1.283)

Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:13:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Runnels wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Palmer wrote:
   The FB7 Berserker: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jpalmer/CrimsonSkies/Berserker

Even though you’ve shown me preview pics, it *still* took me a minute or two to figure out which way was the front. Awesome. :P

--SteveR

You’re all wrong...it flies sideways and sort of up and to the left.

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase

crimson, skies
(score: 1.283)

Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Palmer wrote:
   The FB7 Berserker: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jpalmer/CrimsonSkies/Berserker

Even though you’ve shown me preview pics, it *still* took me a minute or two to figure out which way was the front. Awesome. :P

--SteveR

crimson, skies
(score: 1.283)

Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 05:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Palmer wrote:

The FB7 Berserker:

Excellent modelling as always Jon, but having all three sets of wings swept forward just makes it look like a backwards-flying airplane - which simply makes me go “yuck” from an aesthetic point of view. I would have done it with the front wings swept back (i.e. their shapes reversed). I would also put a bit more length in the fuselage, to put some space between front wings and rear wing. Other than that, it’s a pretty funky CS model.

Cheers,

crimson, skies
(score: 1.280)

More:  Next Page >>