  Search Results: america.lego.com
 Results 761 – 780 of about 412000.
Search took 0.07 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) You might want to listen to Larry. He made several non-party common sense points. But most leftists don't have common sense, IMHO. (...) Well, Ed, both parties have "blood" on their hands, it is stupid, it is called politics 101, but don't (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.284)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Funny, Ed, that you consider if the public knows about law or not, is better than the judicial system? Public opinion does not weigh in the rule of law. Sorry. I would not want to be tried in that court, then. And since when did you guys worry (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.284)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Do you agree with the mob rule mentality, then? people should be tried on public opinion rather than a courtroom? So if I say you should be killed, and 500 other people want to, then it is OK? That is baffling! Just because the public opinion (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.284)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) What problems has the U.S. generated? Examples please, not just vague generalities. What do you suggest we do? Give out more money? Apologize? What would make you feel better? Name one country that did not do anything wrong in it's history. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.284)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Ugh, I would rather buy a BEST-LOCK set! :) Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Ann Arbor, MI Work Page: (URL) Page: (URL) Page: (URL) more people I meet, the more I like my Lego (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.284)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) But don't you ever ask *why*?!? Jeez, what, are you happy with those numbers? (...) I'm so glad you asked. :-, Grab a chair, because this will take a while. I can't speak for anyone else, but I pick on the U.S. because I live there. I really (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) I can explain it for you, once we all agree upon the definition of "for". :-P It's a scary statistic that there are more, ahh, minorities on death row in the U.S. than there are, ahh, majorities. I'm hinting at the various social and economic (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) But the topic does come up, regardless. I'm just a catalyst here... BTW, my name's in my .signature. (...) Different? Sure. Totally? Nah. Sure, I've lost someone to murder. I've lost someone to heart disease. I've lost someone to incredibly (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Ignorace is a *good* platform from which to argue. You'll never lose ground from there. (...) Ah, but the topic was not in changing punishment, but rather the startling disparagy in the demographics of execution. If I were more cynical, I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) What I'm saying is, is there are factors at work, probably unfair factors, which favor putting minorities under the syringe. They may be social factors, judicial factors, whatever. These need to be ferreted out and rectified. (...) But *why* (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Yes, it matters. (...) It's simple in a homogenous culture. But our society is anything but homogenous. I'm not saying that crime is forced on anyone. But we are all, to some degree, products of our environment. I am *NOT* saying to not punish (...) (25 years ago, 7-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote (...) Larry, I believe even the USA abolished slavery some time ago. Unless you let the prisoners choose, and pay them, then you've just bought it back. (...) Frying is known to be ineffective. at least (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote (...) That is one major problem, yes. Unless you have a 100% accurate legal system there is always the problem of compensating someone for a period of slavery. As we have discussed before, compensation relies (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote (...) Um, Mike, at some point crims have to say "what do I have left to lose", and there had better be something. Otherwise we're going to see a lot more dead cops at the very least. Or you let cops do a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.282)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) I don't mind the US government helping other countries in time of need, I mind people, such as yourself, calling the US selfish because we will not finance everyone's desire. Like I said before, it is the taxpayers money, not the governments, (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote (...) I know :( But they had the extremes of poverty and power that are the worst problems of Libertarianism. Moz (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

  Misperceptions of America/Conversations etc.

This thread is still going strong. It seems to be covering just about every subject under the sun (apart from Lego). And just look at the size of it... (URL) it all happened because a week or so ago Mike Walsh decided to tell us that... (...) etc. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

  U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) I'm wondering how accurate that explanation is. Doesn't the U.S. have particularly high import tariffs[1]? So is it possible that Lego would have been deemed shipping through U.S. import duties too expensive compared to making the Lego in the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

Richard Dee <richard.dee@virgin.net> wrote in message news:MPG.122bb3a6c8e...net.com... (...) $1.25/gal (...) Yanks? Dems fightin' words. Yankees live up north above Kentucky and Virginia, Southerners live down south. And Westerners live on the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

(...) I've just seen some very strange answers to this question. Jesse, I think what you've written comes closest to the truth. Eric Kingsley was pretty close to the mark too. Coming from the UK, I think that yes it is true that *in general* many (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

america, lego, com
(score: 4.281)

More:  Next Page >>