  Search Results: FOTD
 Results 6 – 10 of about 100.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

Subject:
Twin Cities garage sale season
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 01:31:36 GMT

FOTD: 5-quart ice cream pail full of miscellaneous Classic Space for
$2.00 at a garage sale this morning in Maplewood... I quadrupled my
supply of blue slopes in one shot!
This Saturday 050199 is the annual Maple Grove community garage sale on
Weaver Lake/Fish Lake and next Friday/Saturday 050799/050899 is the
annual Woodbury Lions garage sale 500+ sales in an affluent
neighborhood!
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)  ICQ UIN#17112614; IRC nick:  ^2muchdew

fotd
(score: 0.866)

Subject:
More local Lego shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 03:21:23 GMT

Now that I built one of my finds, I thought I'd report on Saturday's and
Tuesday's Lego shopping...

I checked out some used toy stores in Raleigh. There's one on Falls of the
Neuse Rd. which has a good quantity of Lego, unfortuanately, most of it is
for what may be more than list price. I did get a FOTD there though. They
had a 5976 River Expedition for $25. It was essentially built, I tore it
most of the way down so I could build it to verify parts (of course I could
also have compared it to the 2 new 5976s I have yet to open). All it was
missing was a handfull of accessories (guns etc.).

There is also a used/collectors toy store in Oaksomething or other shopping
center across from Pleasant Valley, unfortuanately they were at some toy
show, and weren't open Tuesday when I went by at 5:30 so no idea how hard it
is to get there when they're open. My guess is they won't be much good
though.

I also did a run out to Durham. The Kaybee at Northgate mall had a good
collection of reduced price sets. One good find was 4012 police boat for
$9.99.

I need to get back to Crabtree and pick up another Aqua Dozer, I built it
and it's a good source of green octagonal parts.

Oh, the Raleigh Zany Brainy has no Star Wars Lego.

Frank

fotd
(score: 0.863)

Re: FOTD (Day or Decade? You Decide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 23:13:20 GMT

Oh man!!!  I wish my aunts had attics like that....any good doors there?

--

Paul Davidson

Elliot Hyde <Elliot_Hyde@mediasoft.net> wrote in message
Hello,

Wahoo! Went to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving. And raided her
attic. Found one medium sized box full of Lego, including:

6080 King's Castle
4021 Police Patrol
6540 Pier Police
6375 Trans Air Carrier
6257 Castaway's Raft
Plus a few small race vehicles.

There were a few minor missing pieces. But, 99.99% of the parts were
in great condition!!

Other Notable items:

8 Castle Minifigs w/ Falcon Shields on their chests
6 Shields
12 Various Feathers
4 Classic space men (Plus some incomplete stuff)
4 Old Trees (2 Pointed, 2 Round)
25 Various wheels (including 8 Small Old Space wheels)
A nice pile of black slopes
12 Doors (4 Types)
30 Window Frames, 30 Windows, 20, Shutters, 4 Small blue shutters!
4 Old propellors
25 Translucent pieces
A pile of various Red, Yellow, White, Black, Blue bricks and pieces.

I haven't sorted it all out, so there's more to find.  Pretty Cool,
huh?  :-)

Elliot Hyde - A happy Lego Maniac

fotd
(score: 0.847)

Subject:
FOTD (Day or Decade? You Decide)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:33:31 GMT

[...]

Re: Terminologia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.it
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 06:28:46 GMT

In lugnet.loc.it, Domenico Franco writes:
Ciao ragazzi,
chi si offre volontario per realizzare un vocabolario dei termini "non
proprio correnti" usati in questo NG?
Ho qualche lacuna:
burps?
abs?
znap?
Chi sà quanti ce ne sono ancora!!!
Se già esiste un vocabolario simile, me lo sapreste indicare?

burp = (lett. "rutto") big ugly rock piece, brutto grosso pezzo di roccia. Quel
coso grigio, pezzo unico, che rappresenta una serie di pezzi impilati a formare
una specie di roccia.

abs = è la sigla del materiale plastico di cui è fatto il Lego (Acrilonitrile
Butadiene Stirene). In realtà esistono tanti tipi diversi di abs. Anche qui
qualcun'altro ne sa molto più di me...

znap = questo non è un acronimo, bensì il nome di una nuova linea Lego non
ancora commercializzata in Italia (e spero che non lo sia mai perché è
orrenda!).

Qui di seguito comunque ti ho riportato una lista degli acronimi più
frequentemente usati su Lugnet.

HTH, ciao
Mario

   A1RB = Alpha-1 Rocket Base (483)
   ABS = Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
   AFAIK = As Far As I Know
   AFOL = Adult Fan Of Lego
   ATL = Alt.Toys.Lego
   B1CB = Beta-1 Command Base (6970)
   BFC = Big Freaking Castle (6090)
   BK = Black Knights
   BSB = Black Seas Barracuda (6825)
   BT = BlackTron (evil ones with black visors)
   BT1 = BlackTron (evil ones with black visors)
   BT2 = BlackTron, future generation (antifreeze-green ones)
   BTW = By The Way
   BURP = Big Ugly Rock Piece
   CES = Crystal Explorer Sub (6175)
   CRAPP = Crummy Ramp And Pit Plate
   DDD = Dark Dragon's Den (6076)
   DFD = Deep Freeze Defender (6973)
   DM = Dragon Masters
   ETLA = Extended Three Letter Acronym
   FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions
   FBF = Fire Breathing Fortress (6082)
   FM = Forestmen
   FOM = Fibre Optic Module
   FOTD = Find Of The Day
   FOTW = Find Of The Week
   FOTY = Find Of The Year
   FS = For Sale
   FYI = For Your Information
   HOG = Hand Of God
   HTH = Hope This/That Helps
   IG = Imperial Guards
   IGCB = Inter-Galactic Command Base (6971)
   IHTICWI = It's Hard To Imagine Childhood Without It
   IIRC = If I Recall Correctly
   IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
   IMM = In My Mind
   IMO = In My Opinion
   IP = Ice Planet 2002
   IR = Infra Red
   L/S = Light and Sound
   LF = Lego Friend
   LMK = Let Me Know
   LNH = Load 'N Haul Railroad (4563)
   LOL = Laughs Out Loud
   LS = Lego Spouse
   LSO = Lego Significant Other
   MB = MegaBlocks
   MCM = Mega / Multi Core Magnetizer (6989)
   MIB = Message Intercept Base (6987)
   MOC = My Own Creation
   MS = MindStorms
   MT = Model Team or M-Tron
   NDL = Neptune Discovery Lab (6195)
   NLF = Non-Lego Friend
   NLS = Non-Lego Spouse
   NLSO = Non-Lego Significant Other
   OTOH = On The Other Hand
   P&P = Postage & Packing
   PEWC = Prefabricated Explorien Wing / Cockpit
   PITA = Pain In The Ass
   RBR = Red Beard Runner (6289)
   RC = Radio Controlled
   RCX = programmable brick from MindStorms
   RIS = Robotics Invention System (Mindstorms)
   RK = Royal Knights
   RKC = Royal Knights Castle (6090)
   ROFL = Rolls On Floor Laughing
   RR = Rock Raiders
   RTL = Rec.Toys.Lego
   S&H = Shipping & Handling
   S@H = Lego Shop at Home mail order service
   SAH = Lego Shop at Home mail order service
   SES = Skull's Eye Schooner (6286)
   SLU = Standard Lego Unit
   SOG = Sub-Orbital Guardian (6878)
   SP = Space Police (as per SP1)
   SP1 = Space Police (black / blue / transparent-red type)
   SP2 = Space Police (grey / black / red / transparent green type)
   STAMP = Sticker Across Multiple Pieces
   SW = Star Wars
   TIA = Thanks In Advance
   TLA = Three Letter Acronym