 Year / 2005 / 56
  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) cost? The ideals of the past gave relevance to the notions that Military (guns) and Mortality (graves) were not the ethics the company was founded upon… What compromise is this? ...unfortunately, it’s a realistic one! But the new gun-heavy (...) (19 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

Greetings all, New poster here. While looking at Lar's pix from Toy Fair, I noticed that Lego had moved the minifigs in the Harry Potter theme from traditional LEGO yellow "skin" color to colors intended to more realistically match the actors (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) Search back in LUGNET, this has been discussed at some length. Briefly, LEGO is using flesh for figs based on real people or on movie characters (which are played by real people) and retaining yellow for generic people. That's not a very good (...) (19 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) I must respectfully disagree. I don't see the new Dino and HP lines as a new compromise. Lego has had guns before (pirates, space, adventurers) and graves (adventurers, castle). From what I saw, it doesn't apppear to be much of a radical (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005)