 Year / 2001 / 654
Re: LOM vs. Space (was Re: On Paranoia: King Leo's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 05:23:36 GMT

Mark Sandlin wrote:
I think LoM is pretty good. There are some neat ideas, but I still wish
they'd cut down on the large SPUD usage. Oh well.

What on earth do you classify as a SPUD? I see perhaps 2 or 3, the main
one being the air pump, and ok, there's that arch piece. The tubes? I
don't call those SPUDs. The tube holders? Well, perhaps their spudsy,
but since they are an important element in use of the tubes, I'm
inclined to exempt them. The propeller holder? Ok, that's a bit spudsy,
but Ican think of plenty of uses for it, it's certainly less spudsy than
the divers/aquawhoozits one.

I guess there are a bunch of other spudsy pieces, but I've never known
anyone to complain too mych about things like those slanted towers or
canopies.

I'd say that LOM is about the same as Star Wars on the SPUD level.

Frank